The education series previously known as “Lunch and Learn” run by the Palm Beach International Equestrian Centre is going virtual for this year and will feature 12 weeks of informative topics for equestrians.
The free sessions are held each Thursday from 6pm to 7pm (EST), starting with a presentation by podiatrist Dr Elizabeth Davis, from the Wellington Regional Medical Center, titled “Ouch my aching feet!” on January 14.
The next session is “Tips for Maintaining Overall Equine Health and Longevity”, with Palm Beach Equine Clinic veterinarians Drs Marilyn Connor, Ryan Lukens, and Tyler Davis.
The series is being hosted on Zoom, and all participants will be automatically entered to win a luxury item from Karina Brez Jewelry.
Subsequent sessions are:
- Breeding the Sport Horse Mare: Challenges and Advanced Reproductive Techniques
- A Deep Dive into Equine Gastric Ulcer Syndrome
- Mastering Nutrition: A genuinely unique approach to equine nutrition, bone density and tendinitis
- Master Class on Joint Injections
- The financial and physical risks of getting into the saddle
- Footing facts: looking at the effect of footing surfaces on horses
- Horse-Set Research Findings – Benefits of General Anesthesia
- Blue Ribbon Wound Care. A new way to manage infection and speed wound healing
- Farm service management with the Wellington Agricultural Services App
- Equine Degenerative Joint Disease: From Diagnosis to Drug Conundrums