A German buyer has gone to €100,000 to secure three-year-old trakehner stallion Hopkins at the 2014 Trakehner Stallion Market.
Hopkins (Hofrat / Artistic Rock) is headed for the North Rhine-Westphalia area. He was bred by Ilsemarie Peters from Moehne and was sold by August Camp from Geldern. Hopkins was approved in Neumuenster 2013, was the 2014 Trakehner Riding Horse Champion and was nominated for the Federal Championships for Young Horses.
The sale average this year was higher than usual, with the five riding horses averaging €54,150. The second highest priced horse was six-year-old gelding Maddoc (Kasimir / Lucito) who fetched €85,000. The talented dressage horse is heading to Hamburg.
The 11 foals sold during the market fetched a total of €81,500, averaging €7409. The highest priced was Philippa (Syriano / Le Rouge) who was sold to a lower Saxony buyer by breeder Beate Helse for €14,000 Euros. Beate Helse is the breeder of the little bay filly who will now grow up in Lower Saxony.
Eight non-approved stallions were also sold during the auction, with the bay Ghandi (Easy Game / Michelangelo) sold to Monaco for the top price of €21,000. The non-approved stallions in the auction achieved an average price of €12,500.
16 stallions approved
Following the free jumping session, 16 young stallions received the “Approved” title. The results were met with screams of joy, celebration and applause and these signs of happiness were not only coming from the breeders and owners of the Trakehner stallions, but also from the spectators – even when not every decision was met with unending clapping. It was a strong group that presented itself this year for approval at the Trakehner Stallion Market in the Holsten Hall.
Selected for Premium recognition:
- Davidas, by Horalas-Abdullah – bred by Dr. Margaret Mac Gregor from Auburn, IL (USA)
- Niagara, by Kentucky-Wiec – bred by Marek Przeczewski from Milakowo (POL)
- Sir Sansibar, by Millenium-Cadeau – bred by Gestüt Hohenschmark, Grebin (GER)
- Octavian, by Millenium-Hohenstein – bred by the Stud Radegast Ralph und Carsten Vogel GbR, Radegast (GER)
- High Motion, by Saintt Syr-Summertime – bred by Luise Bredemeier, Petershagen (GER) and ownded by the High Motion Consortium, Schäplitz (GER)
Eleven stallions were Approved, with Millenium, who was third at the 2010 market, making a significant contribution this year, with three of his five selected offspring being Approved and the other two received Premium recognition. The Trakehner Approval Committee also approved two half-blood stallions: Le Chevalier (Cavallieri xx / Vespucci), who was bred by Klaus-Dieter Markgraf, and Orlow (Favoritas xx . Heops), who was bred by the K. Zimmermann/Lorenz Breeding Group.
- Donauabend, by Abendtanz-Lauries Crusador xx (B: Burkhard Wahler, Bad Bevensen)
- Timberland, by All Inclusive-Schwadroneur (B: Karl-Heinz Schulenburg, Kasseedorf)
- Alborolo, by Herbstkönig-Polarion (B: Bernd Eisenmenger, Bubenheim)
- Donauherbst, by Herbstkönig-Kasparow (B: Johann Albert Timmermann, Schenefeld)
- Vapiano, by Kentucky-Easy Game (B: Gestüt Radegast Ralph and Carsten Vogel GbR, Radegast)
- Ivanhoe, by Millenium-Hohenstein, (B: Antonie G. Hofmann, De Wiejk, The Netherlands)
- Sir Oliver, by Oliver Twist-Biotop (B: Gestüt Heinen-Issum, Issum)
- Greenwich Park, by Saint Cyr-Alter Fritz (B: Bernhard Langels, Schäplitz)
- Tudor, by Iskander-Sixtus (B: Family Gellhaar, Steinau)