Stolen horse lice medication “capable of melting plastic”

Share
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Horse-sucking louse.
Horse-sucking louse. © J. F. Butler, University of Florida

Thieves who stole a horse medication from a car in Scotland are being warned of its dangers – the undiluted agent is capable of melting plastic and would be extremely toxic if ingested.

Police are investigating the theft that took place between 9pm on Saturday and 1am on Sunday in Ancrum Road, Dundee.

The black Nissan car was broken into and the medication was taken from within.

The substance, used to treat lice on horses, is contained in a 250ml brown glass bottle with a white lid.

It is labelled as “Deosect” or “Cypermethrin”.

The medication is a clear liquid with a strong odour and is extremely concentrated.

“Undiluted in the form it was when stolen, the substance is capable of melting plastic and would be extremely toxic if consumed by humans, with the likelihood of causing severe burns and poisoning if ingested,” police said.

Anyone with any information is asked to contact police.

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *