Petition seeks justice for Florida miniature stallion

Spread the word
  • 56
  • 1
  • 8
Warrior as he was found by the RVR.
Warrior as he was found by RVR Horse Rescue.

A petition has been launched seeking justice for an emaciated miniature stallion in Florida who died within days of being taken into care.

The petition, started by the Seraphim12 Foundation, is already nearing its target of 5000 signatures over the care of Warrior.

Pamela Belo, 48, a 23-year veteran deputy with the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office, has been charged with felony animal cruelty and misdemeanor animal cruelty.

She resigned following her arrest.

The petition, which will be given to the Hillsborough County Prosecutor’s Office, demands that Belo be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

“As she was a law enforcement officer, sworn to protect and serve, this neglect is shocking,” the petition states.

The petition can be accessed here.

Horsetalk’s earlier account of the case is here.

• 56
  • 1
  • 8

12 thoughts on “Petition seeks justice for Florida miniature stallion

• July 25, 2012 at 1:09 pm

Go punish the murderer, to the highest extent.

• July 25, 2012 at 1:21 pm

this is so wrong how can you treat a animal like this i would be ashamed of myself

• July 25, 2012 at 1:35 pm

HORSES are so wishing to please those who care for them – as are other creatures – and deserve love and proper treatment. We shouldn’t have animals unless we can indeed love and care for them, fully.

• July 25, 2012 at 1:50 pm

Lamentably, the world is killing the animals in a miserable way as abandon them or killing. Stop with that.

• July 25, 2012 at 2:16 pm

PEOPLE WAKE UP!!!! WHAT IS WRONG WHIT US…. WHO CAN DO THIS ??? WHAT A SHAME !!!!!….

• July 25, 2012 at 5:33 pm

People who are cruel to animals are a utter
    disgrace to society and should be punished
    more than they are, I love animals and I
    hate people who hurt and are cruel to these
    poor defenceless animals I hope she gets
    what she deserves.

• July 25, 2012 at 6:13 pm

I am shocked to learn how far cruelty to animals is going. To torture animals like that, overpasses even the cruelty in Factory Farms. The world we live in is a failure and a DISGRACE.

• July 26, 2012 at 9:27 am

PEOPLE NEED TO WATCH THEIR SURRONDINGS. YOUR NEIBORS IF YOU SEE ANIMALS? GET THE BLINDERS OFF, AND NEVER, NEVER BE SILENT! THESE ANIMALS CANT TALK, YOU CAN.THIS ABUSE HAS TO STOP ONCE AND FOR ALL. LAW OR NO LAW. ARE WE ALL TOGETHER ????????????

• July 28, 2012 at 7:33 am

I am ashamed that I am a human being. But me myself…I´ll never hurt animals.
    Abusing and torturing animals must stop now!!
    I hope this animal will be getting love and food
    now from good people.

• July 28, 2012 at 9:31 am

Horse is beauty and amazing animals , They has feeling and intelligent , And also has right to alive, Give them free and health. Respect our anilams life, Horse also human friend. Give Justice and take care horse in Florida

• July 28, 2012 at 12:50 pm

seeing these things makes me Ill ,I can’t believe that someone can slowly torture an animal I could really hurt someone when I see this…. It’s to sick for words. I just hope little warrior is enjoying heaven now and no more pain for the little guy bless his heart. man mean people suck…..

• July 30, 2012 at 2:29 am

No animal deserves that kind of treatment.But especially the horses are the most noble, loving, powerful, intelligent and so much more! Treating them with dis respect after what they have offered us throughout our history does not make us only look unethical and cruel but proves us unworthy and un appreciative as the dominant species that controls and shapes the future of our bounty planet and all life.
    Allowing animal cruelty to continue represents all Humanity, the only species gifted with an evolved consciousness and awareness of everything.
    We can shape our reality by free will.Luckily we are also at a point in time that we have come to determine who we really are after x of thousand of years of evolution.Knowing that animals such as any horse or any dog or any seal or whal, or Cow are mistreated by us in so many un noble ways and the rest of us choosing to do nothing is what determines who we are.The same way by choosing to do something about it also determines who we are and I believe this opportunity to change by choice it’s natures’ way to test who we really are and if we deserve all the privileges we developed so far before it’s too late.I believe we are a better species all we have to do is prove it!This adorable stallion should be free grazing out on the wild but got exactly the opposite and that hearts!We should make sure not to allow that ever again and ask for the freedom of all animals from potentially cruel people that take their anger out in such innocent and adorable beings! Lets Rise up for them People! Lets make things happen!They definitely deserve our love and our allegiance!