Loss of Badminton ‘won’t affect GB’s Olympic plans’

Spread the word
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Yogi Breisner
Yogi Breisner

British Eventing Performance Manager Yogi Breisner says the cancellation of the Badminton Horse Trials will not affect the country’s Olympic plans.

It was expected many of the horses originally starting at Badminton would instead go to Chatsworth, starting on May 12.

“It’s a real shame that Badminton has had to cancel as it would have been great to see so many potential Olympic horses from home and abroad competing in such an exciting competition,” Breisner said.

“However it hasn’t upset our Olympic preparations –  with horses one always has to have a contingency plan! There are several other competitions during the spring where potential Olympic horses can compete.”

He expressed sympathy for William Fox-Pitt, who was aiming to win Blenheim to take out the Rolex Grand Slam, having on Kentucky last weekend and Burghley last season.

“A lot of British horses have been entered and intend to compete at Chatsworth, and a lot of the Badminton horses will be rerouted there. We had already indentified this as an important competition,” Breisner said.

“It’s too early to be able to comment on details of individual horses and riders as this now needs to be discussed with owners and competitors but suffice to say we won’t allow this to adversely affect our plans.”

 

 

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *