Allow me to introduce myself …

geldofffeb10I’ve been an avid reader of Horsetalk for some years but have always felt  the site lacked a certain – how shall I put it – equine input.

That’s where I come in.

I have given Horsetalk permission to publish my blog, provided it doesn’t  impact in any way on my multimillion-dollar book deal with Simon and  Schuster.

Now I know what you’re wondering. How can a horse write a best-selling  biography and blog at the same time?

Well, it’s all about time management.

Even though I’m retired, life is still pretty hectic.  There’s two meals a day to be consumed, as well as grazing my pasture and  munching through daily lashings of lucerne and meadow hay.

Then there’s my fan club. The chicks in the adjoining paddock love me to  bits – mostly due to my engaging personality and rugged good looks. Did I also  mention that I’m probably one of the most modest horses you’re ever likely to  meet?

There are many issues I’ll be writing about in the coming months. While  I’ll be looking at some serious stuff, rest assured that most of the time my  tongue will be firmly in my cheek.

Actually, my tongue is nearly always in my cheek these days as I’m running  out of teeth. Hey, it happens to us all in the end!

Anyway, thanks for reading my first column. I’ll be back in a couple of  days.

If you have any ideas, snippets, or feedback, feel free to drop me an email  at info@geldoff.com

4 thoughts on “Allow me to introduce myself …

• February 10, 2010 at 3:04 pm

Hey Geldoff, nice to meet you. That’s me in my mums avatar, I’m Herman Monstar (you see I’m by Star Way, and I was the biggest foal my year so they called me Herman, my mum says its coz I can be a monster but I think I’m lovely)!!!

• February 10, 2010 at 3:08 pm

Sounds like there’s nothing wrong with your eyes when you can keep sight of the chicks next door perving.
    Looking forward to hearing news from the horse’s toothless mouth.

• February 15, 2010 at 9:24 am

Ma told me about your blog, I am MOLLY, and one day I will be a famous showjumper, as you can see from my picture I am HOT! The picture was taken at my first 1.15m start, I have graduated to 1.25m now and so am worth getting to know. I am interested in your income stream and breeding. My dad was Imperial Seal and my mum’s dad was War Hawk, so you can understand why I have to know if your breeding is as good quality as mine. I never really took to the racing thing, too much like hard work, I was usuallly checking my hoof paint for chips when they opened the start gate and really couldn’t be bothered making the effort. I have to say that this showjumping thing is getting a bit intense now, it was fine to about 1.20m but now it is taking a bit of effort, I do quite enjoy it but am open minded and have not quite decided if I can be bothered. Ma threatned to make me into burgers last time I went out, something to do with knocking the last 4 jumps down!

• February 18, 2010 at 2:01 pm

Hi there
    I have stumbled upon your Blog quite accidentally but praise be to Equuleus above that I did. I have to comment on the fact that I too am putting a good hoof forward to share the Equine side of life.
    I am currently madly swishing a tail over a manual I am writing. Whoa and behold, it has indeed been a hard trail putting hoof to paper. But with the endless patience us horses possess I am jig-jogging my way through it.
    So bless you my fellow equine for putting a horse’s voice out in a world of deafening grunts and noises that emit from the vast herds of humans.

Oh and my manual is called
    “Training Your Novice Human”