Another year is drawing to a close – what will 2017 hold? To wrap up the year, we’re sharing the 10 most read articles published on Horsetalk.co.nz in 2016, as well as the perennial favorites of our readers.
Without further ado, here are 2016’s most-read articles.
Social media campaign for tribute image of Olivia Inglis and Coriolanus.
Subchondral sclerosis evolves from tiny micro-cracks, leading to arthritis.
Kalee Chandler dies after being crushed by her horse.
Hearing follows protest over shanking and threatening use of whip.
Cob’s polydactylism is managed under the care of a British charity.
Riding is found to build strong character traits.
Street View car appears to spook horse in Finland, unseating rider.
Lara Dewees, 27, succumbs to injuries sustained in fall at a Mississippi rodeo.
Philippa Humphreys suffers fatal injuries in 3* cross-country fall.
Impressive array of equine hardware found in what is known as the Tsimlyansk Square.
And here is our overall top 10 for the year, which includes some perennial reader favourites.
- Normal signs of behaviour before and including foaling in mares
- How to help your horse kiss “Kissing Spine” goodbye
- Building a horse-riding arena: Thinking outside the rectangle
- #RideForOlivia goes viral as eventer’s horse succumbs to injuries
- Laminitis and founder
- Graze Anatomy: Handling horses on a small acreage
- Are North America’s wild horses native?
- “Am I too fat to ride a horse?”
- Why working on the forehand can be a horse killer
- Horse manure: An easy guide to composting
Also trending throughout the year:
- Horses – the forgotten victims of bullfighting
- The heavy toll of emotional stress on horses described by researchers
- Horses turn to humans for problem-solving, study shows
- Why we don’t use side reins on horses
- Acid test: Scientists review what we know about stomach ulcers in horses
- Why you should set your horse free over winter
- Feeding magnesium to horses
- Long-lasting benefits of gel injected into arthritic horse joints described in study
- What are you feeding your horse? An A-Z guide
- Death by deworming? Many horse owners still getting it wrong